I am a results-focused consultant who enjoys all aspects of Human Resources and the value that solid practices can bring to both individuals and companies collectively. I offer Human Resources Generalist services to companies who need Human Resources expertise but do not require a full time Human Resources presence.
I enjoy working with small- to medium-sized businesses. I have been fortunate to work in both a Human Resources and an Operations capacity allowing me to become familiar with the inner workings of a company. I use this knowledge to partner with business leaders on how to best integrate Human Resources as a contributing function of the business.
I offer various solutions including serving as an on-site human resources generalist in a short- or long-term capacity, complementing existing Human Resources teams with project work, and/or setting up an HR function and then training existing employees to maintain it.
I've led the Human Resources function from setting up a Human Resources department from scratch to improving an existing function. The results of my work have included:
- Creating highly functional, mission-focused Human Resources systems & processes.
- Managing organizational structure through rapid growth or constriction for various disciplines.
- Partnering with company leaders to implement recruitment strategies reducing the hire time for needed talent and building a future candidate pool.
- Securing the right hires by identifying candidate profiles, recruiting, conducting behavioral interviewing, candidate selection, background & reference checking.
- Creating and onboarding new hires to increase the new employee's ability to acclimate and contribute to the company's goals.
- Designing and implementing real time, results-focused performance appraisal and development programs.
- Securing and aligning benefit offerings (health, dental, life, disability, 401(k), Vacation/PTO, etc.) with demographic needs of employees, company size, industry and budget.
- Designing and implementing Wellness Programs resulting in utilization awareness and shifting cultural focus.
Professionally, I believe that Human Resources done well can add significant bench strength and contribute to business outcomes. I partner with my clients by linking arms with them and becoming a part of their team and culture. I hold certifications as a SHRM-CP (Society of Human Resources Management – Certified Professional) and PHR (Professional Human Resources). In addition to being a Member of the National Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), I am a former Board Member for the Greater Madison Area Society for Human Resources Management (GMA SHRM).
Personally, I am avid nature lover! I enjoy the beauty and peace nature has to offer via kayak, hiking, boating, and gardening whether it is solo or with my family. I grew up in Lancaster, WI and attended college at UW-Platteville (go Pioneers!) While I have a fondness for Dilbert comics depicting the evil HR Director Catbert and HR cringing scenes from The Office, I am none of those characters.